G B Residential Surveys LTD is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the laws of the UK. We collect information to process contact requests and to provide the highest level of customer service possible.
EU data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. It replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK. The aim of the new legislation allows the European Union (EU) citizens to better control their personal data. It also modernizes and unifies rules allowing businesses to increase transparency and to benefit from greater consumer trust. The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, which means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide a better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
Like most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to an account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. This data helps us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement. See https://policies.google.com for more information.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences e.g. language preferences, so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
- Google: We also use Google Analytics and other data from Google, you can read their privacy policies here: https://policies.google.com
How can I control the cookie preferences?
Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block and/or delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you have any questions about these practices and policies, please email us at [email protected]